When: Tuesday 11 February 2020 from 9.30 – 3pm
Location: Pines Calyx, St Margaret’s Bay, CT15 6DZ
Students: For Year 11 and 13 students who are experiencing stress/anxiety in the lead up to exams.
Event objective: To give students the chance to get away from their day to day stresses in this beautiful location. During the day students will be introduced to skills and techniques that will help them deal with times of stress and pressure in their lives and hopefully go away more resilient and self-reliant.
The sessions: four one hour workshops lasting facilitated by experts and supported by CCCU ambassadors
- ‘Sleeping well’ with Kirsty Vant: factual and physical ways to get the best restful and restorative sleep.
- ‘Beginners bookbinding’ with Esther Miles: working with their hands students will have the chance to do something totally new and relaxing and will go home with their own beautiful handmade jotters.
- ‘Map of Life’ with Gary Studley: working collaboratively students will use mind mapping to identify stress, improve their resilience and find ways to focus on goals.
- ‘The Big Chill’ with The Bay Trust facilitators: away from the stresses of day to day life students will get back to nature and enjoy some real time out.
Practicalities: Students to attend in their own comfy clothes. For one of the sessions they will need to have a coat/hat/gloves and wear trainers that they are happy to wear outdoors. Students need to only bring a water-bottle; lunch will be provided. The event is a phone/tech free day and so phones to be turned off or ideally left behind.
Evaluation: The event will be evaluated by all students attending.
What partner schools need to do next:
- Allocate a lead teacher for this event (we only need one present from each school during the event and they will not be required to support the event and so can work in the tea-room where there is WIFI).
- Identify ten students who would benefit from attending the event.
- By Tuesday 4 February (the week before the event) provide the names of the students attending, any dietary requirements, photo permissions and a contact number for lead teacher.
Any questions please contact Sarah Moir, EKST Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org