Students in Years 10, 11, 12 or 13 who live in Kent and Medway and have predicted or actual GCSE grade 4 in Maths, English and Science are welcome to apply for the Allied Health Professions or Nursing virtual work experience programme.
Students in Year 11 or 12 who live in Kent or Medway and have predicted or actual GCSE grade 4 in Maths, English and Science are welcome to apply for the Medicine Work Experience Programme.
The programmes are spread over two weeks in February. There is around 10 hours of activity within each programme which students can fit around other obligations. There are live webinars but once they have taken place a recording will be available on-demand.
Below are the links for students to apply:
- Medicine Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/medicine-virtual-work-experience-kent-and-medway/; for students in Year 11 or 12 who live in Kent or Medway and have predicted or actual GCSE grade 4 in Maths, English and Science.
Medicine placement week: 8th February – 9th of February
Nursing Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/nursing-virtual-work-experience-kent-and-medway/
Nursing placement week: 15th February – 26th of February
Allied Health Professions Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/ahp-virtual-work-experience-kent-and-medway/
Allied Health Professions placement week: 15th February – 26th of February
The programme is open to all students within the age groups but a proportion of places on the programme will be given to students who fit the following widening participation criteria:
- No immediate family history of higher education (eg, university), excluding siblings
- Currently in, or have been in, the care of the local authority
- Care for someone at home with a long-term disability
- Have an Educational, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Are eligible for free school meals and/or a 16-19 “discretionary” bursary.
More programmes available for students here: https://www.springpod.co.uk/virtual-work-experience-programmes/